Quarterback Elvis Grbac Fishing in Fort Lauderdale

April 16, 2012

Today Mike and I had two half day charters on the Lady Pamela IV. On the morning charter we had retired NFL quarterback Elvis Grbac and his family out fishing for a four hour trip. We caught a few live baits then went to a shipwreck about 5 miles north of Port Everglades inlet. We baited the rods and on the first drop on the shipwreck we hooked a massive fish. Elvis’s son had a great fight on his hands, but he finally brought in a huge amberjack. We trolled around for another hour or so with no more bites, and then tried a few hours of sharkfishing. The amberjack ended up being our only bite but at least we caught a nice one.



On the afternoon charter Mike and I caught some more live baits and then trolled for a few hours with no bites. We moved out into 350 feet of water and sat there for three hours, again with no success. It was just about time to reel everything up and go home when the mid bait rod bent over and we were hooked up.



Caitlyn, our 17 year old angler out with her father fought the mystery fish for a good 30 minutes before we caught a glimpse of a huge Mako shark. These are open ocean sharks that are only occasionally found closer to shore, so this was an exciting catch. Makos feed on swordfish, and we have been catching some swords during our nighttime swordfishing trips, so that may explain the presence of Makos in the area. This fish was a beauty, tipping the scales at 300 lbs and measuring over 8 ½ feet. Way to go Caitlyn!

Tight Lines,
954 761 8045


What An Adventure!

I never leave reviews, but we had such a good time, I wanted to share with others. Captain David and his guys are top notch, you can tell as soon as you pull up that you have booked a great trip. We went out with them in April 2015 and we were told this was one of the best months for fishing off South Florida. The captain decided to fly kites (amazing!) to dangle baits so that the fish can’t see the hooks. I have never seen this, but it was amazing to see them do it. Within a few minutes we had a first sailfish on and then another hit. A double header! We landed both fish and the day went on just like that. We were watching the baits dangle on the surface all day.  Other boats in the area were “trolling” and weren’t catching any. David said it was because the water was so clear that it was important to kite fish.  I highly recommend booking them.

Todd Yurke